At Mobile World Congress (MWC), Ixia (News - Alert) yesterday revealed its new “breakthrough” product – the Ixia Anue GTP Session Controller. Aimed at mobile operators and carriers, this solution was developed to deliver highly scalable network visibility for growing 4G LTE (News - Alert) networks, a statement explains.
“Mobile operators need actionable information for each session associated with each subscriber, but a major issue for current network monitoring tools is that correlating sessions from 4G LTE networks in real time is very difficult and resource-intensive,” explained Iain Gillott, founder and president of iGR. “With a solution in place like the Ixia Anue GSC, the session correlation is offloaded from the network monitoring tools, which frees them up to focus on network monitoring tasks and scaling the network as traffic continues to grow. The network managers are therefore able to deliver the information needed to the operator's business management tools, cost-effectively and efficiently.”
The statement goes on to explain that a major influence in developing the Ixia Anue GTP Session Controller was the fact that mobile networks today are increasingly becoming more complex – almost to the point where it’s hard to keep up. As elements such as voice, data and video continue to become more enhanced to offer the best possible user experience, mobile data continues to rapidly grow. In light of this, it’s essential that mobile operators and carriers can keep up.
“Ixia understood this roadblock to success and created the Anue GSC to provide unprecedented network visibility for mobile carriers – ultimately providing a better quality of experience for customers,” the statement continues.
So what exactly can we expect to see in this new solution? The statement divulges the following:
- GTP-session awareness — Offloads GTP session correlation from monitoring tools while keeping GTP sessions together across multiple probes.
- A scalable load balancing solution — Offers a flexible load balancing solution with room for future growth. It distributes millions of subscriber sessions to tools in a 32-port configuration, doubling the number of ports for twice the performance in a 2RU chassis.
- Carrier-grade robustness — Delivers uninterrupted control in demanding telecommunication environments and is NEBS Level 1 certified, including high-availability features such as redundant management ports, power supplies and fan trays.
Another industry expert in the space is iQsim, a SIM server technology provider who works to assist mobile operators in optimally testing mobile networks for complete efficiency. By testing what iQsim’s VP of Operations, Marc Lorenzi, calls the “backbone” of the system, the company provides solutions to thoroughly and completely test the network from the outside user experience, ultimately providing a true, realistic view of what the user is seeing.
The company enjoyed quite a bit of success and attention last year with its Mobile Robot communications router, which was only just recently released and yet walked away with a 2012 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year award. This solution, according to Lorenzi, “provides a library of many functions to [help] you to write your own scripting.” In testing the quality of the network and voice, one can rest assured that these abilities will enable operators to meet their clients' expectations, standards and needs.
To learn more about all of iQsim’s offerings, visit www.iqsim.com.
Edited by Jamie Epstein
- SIM Management for Mobile Termination
To offer better rates on local mobile networks, Internet Telephony Service Providers (ITSPs) have to optimize Call Termination costs and maximize SIM cards usage.
- SIM Management for M2M Platform Validation
The M2M solutions deployment is very complex and difficult to test and validate in the lab. Gateways and probes on-site deployment are subject to numerous constraints such as GSM 3G coverage, unexpected multi-operator roaming, international roaming, tariff and service restrictions.
- SIM Management for Mobile Testing
In order for a Mobile Network Operator to be successful, reduce churn and increase customer loyalty, the need to shift from testing network to perform a complete “end to end” QoS Testing has become obvious.
IRON SIM SERVER ONE
SIM CONTROL, SIM PROTECTION AND SIM STORAGE
- Ready to Go SIM Server (no additional server required)
- IRON Technology: Bonus/Promotion, Credit Synchronization
- Integrated Capacity of 416 SIMs cards
- Protect your investment: Secure & Scalable Product
- Mobile Termination
IRON Suite, iQsim's SIM Server technology, is born from 10 years of experience in Virtual SIM Management in the service of offering the most appropriate solution to terminate voice calls and SMS worldwide...
How to validate M2M Platforms?Before deploying a large number of probes and sensors, it is key to anticipate and pre-validate the M2M Platform and the type of communication data exchanged between the M2M end-point and central management systems...
- Mobile Network Quality of Service (QoS)
How to test Mobile Network QoS available for roaming users?Testing network to perform a complete QoS has become obvious to ensure the quality of services delivered to end-users is conformed to their expectations...
Providing you a Ready to Go solution or a carrier class redundant and scalable product.
- Always use the right SIM at the right time
- Up to 416 SIM cards per SIM Rack
- Highly scalable architecture: Up to 50,000 SIM Cards
- Specifically designed for multi-operator and cross country deployment
- Maximize SIM price plan usage
- Call routing with the most appropriate SIM
- Real-time GSM port supervision
- Centralized CDRs
- GSM gateway configuration time reduced by 70%
- Call processing time reduction (PDD)